The Student Accommodation Manager is a critical role for the success of an outstanding student experience.
You will manage the residence; maximising income through effective budgetary management as well as maintaining year-round occupancy levels.
You will coordinate all functions essential to delivering first class service to our student residents. This will include events, repairs, cleaning and security through a mix of directly-employed staff and external contractors ensuring the safety and welfare of the students.
You will take responsibility for the financial performance of their property and operate safe and secure properties in line with all statutory, legal and moral obligations.
This a great opportunity if you are currently working in the PBSA sector and looking for your next challenge. Alternatively, those experienced in PRS/ Build-to-Rent, Hotels or Serviced Apartments will also be considered.
- Ensure that high levels of customer service are provided at all times
- Ensure that any complaints are dealt with effectively in line with company policies
- Deliver an excellent social calendar in the scheme throughout the year inclusive for all customers
- Safety and welfare of students as well as staff members within the team is paramount
- Ensure your building(s) deliver against pre-agreed revenue targets
- Ensure that sales enquiries (website) and re-bookings are managed effectively in line with agreed sales process and SLA’s
- Ensure that systems and stakeholders are updated with accurate reporting of bookings
- Maintain relationships with external stakeholders to aid further sales opportunities
- Monitor competitor knowledge and local information to feedback to the management team
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with institutions in your cities; in particular, the Accommodation Office, International Office, Student Union and Welfare teams.
- Being accountable for financial performance of property
- Being aware and delivering company financial objectives of maximizing revenue and reducing costs
- Delivering each building in line with budgetary expectations
- Highlighting any potential overspend/cost savings to Area Operations Manager/Head of Operations in a timely manner
- Manage and lead the team ensuring they are meeting required standards and KPI targets set by the business
- Hold regular 121’s with direct reports and set stretching and realistic objectives promoting positive environment
Maintenance & Housekeeping
- Managing the onsite reactive and preventative maintenance schedules to ensure the properties are maintained to the highest standard
- Resolving all maintenance queries to prevent them escalating
- Ensure that all properties maintain a consistently high level of overall presentation
Health & Safety
- Ensure the building/s is always compliant with statutory regulations
- Flagging any concerns with regards to compliance immediately
- Promoting a Health & Safety culture across the team to foster an effective working environment
- Ensure properties clients and staff remain safe, ensuring that all hazards and risks are reviewed and ensuring that all properties have safe working practices
- Ensuring the property is ANUK compliant.