As Accommodation Officer it is your duty to ensure that all social and temporary housing placements run smoothly and efficiently while ensuring voids are down to a minimum alongside the property team. This will include carrying out Check Ins and Check Outs of properties and arranging with the in-house Maintenance Team to schedule any remedial works that are needed.
Full inventories at all properties are to be carried out either monthly or quarterly and this is to be maintained and kept up to date on CRM at all times.
A full driving license and own vehicle is required for this role.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaising with Local Authorities on a daily basis to meet their requirements.
- Developing good relationships with key personnel in Local Authorities and Housing Providers.
- Understanding their housing needs, client needs and what type of accommodation is required.
- Advertising available stock by sending an up-to-date vacancy list every morning to all Local Authorities.
- Ensuring properties are clean, ready and fit for purpose meeting compliance and regulations by working closely with the Accommodation Manager and Procurement Team.
- Vetting social clients to establish suitability and compatibility to type of accommodation.
- Ensuring bookings run smoothly and are coordinated with the team.
- Ensuring inventory is recorded for the accommodation at move in.
- Ensuring clients are aware of the house rules for their stay and abide by the rules – following up with behaviour management if required.
- Ensuring registers are signed if required.
- Ensure all properties have the correct certification and are compliant to the current guidelines.
- Managing clients during their placements.
- Taking disciplinary action when rules are broken following policies and procedures – carrying out evictions – serving notification to vacate.
- Cancelling placements if severe breach of Occupancy Agreement with coordination of Council.
- Working alongside the Operations Manager, property team and Maintenance Manager to ensure properties are well maintained and regular inspections are taking place.
- Ensuring any maintenance issues reported by clients have been passed on to the Maintenance Manager and are being resolved promptly before escalated to the Council.
- Inspecting properties prior to cancellations to highlight any damage caused by the clients so costs can be pursued immediately.
- Ensure clients move out on time with all their belongings and return all keys as per terms of contract and tenancy.
- Looking at existing and new social housing needs where we can provide accommodation and report this back to the Procurement Team.
- Maintaining Arthur CRM with up-to-date information of tenant’s details and property status.
- To cover in the absence of property team colleagues
- Ensuring that handovers are produced and followed to cover any team absence.
- Assist in the general management of properties under the direction of the Operations Manager.
- Accurately produce and maintain manual and computer files for each property in accordance with procedures.
- Ensure that all correspondence in the form of standard letters and forms and related filing is promptly carried out in accordance with procedures.
- Promptly process all telephone calls and deal with any queries in the absence or otherwise of the person to whom the call is addressed.
- Act promptly in dealing with all maintenance, enquiries and calls received, informing the MD of all emergencies etc.
If you are interested send an updated CV to Ross@propertyrecruitmentcompany.com