The Assistant Accommodation Manager is responsible for ensuring they fill their property all year round, with customers who want to stay year after year and for retaining a team of enthusiastic, curious and dedicated team members, who are the heartbeat of customer service.
You will assist the Student Accommodation Manager for the financial performance of their property and operate safe and secure properties in line with all statutory, legal and moral obligations.
This a great opportunity if you are currently working in the PBSA sector and looking for your next challenge. Alternatively, those experienced in PRS/ Build-to-Rent, Hotels or Serviced Apartments will also be considered.
- Champion always, the needs of your customers, leading by example and demonstrating a personal desire for high levels of service in all interactions.
- Manage the provision of a service in your property that is constantly pursuing customer retention and recommendation
- Represent the voice of the customer at all levels in the business, ensuring that the decisions you make are done so with the customer at the forefront.
- Know your customer – ensure you lead by example in getting to know each of your customers; learning about their life at University, the courses they study, how they want events to be run in the property and maintain a solid database of these findings.
- Deliver an excellent social calendar in your property throughout the year, making sure our efforts are spread consistently throughout a customer’s entire time with you.
- Take regular time to understand the shifting shape of the University landscape in your city, the demographic of customers it serves and develop and showcase a strong understanding of what life is like for our customers.
- Ensure, with your team, that the physical appearance of properties is of the highest standard. Walk your property on a daily basis, as a minimum and ensure issues are resolved swiftly and to a high standard.
- Manage the Maintenance and Housekeeping services in your property ensuring they understand their obligations around Health & Safety
- Operate a routine inspection and audit processes across your property and resolve issues swiftly
- Ensure customer maintenance requests are being addressed in line with or ahead of agreed service levels.
- Conduct a Management check of every room ahead of new arrivals.
- Ensure the summer turnaround is conducted per the agreed process, in line with the property budget and to a standard that ensures clean, functional rooms are presented to every customer
- Responsible for the successful lease-up of your property.
- Accountable for delivering on a solid customer retention and recommendation performance in the property
- Assess the rebooking eligibility in your property on a routine basis, to ensure you and your team are clear on the potential retention you can
- Process and manage any and all booking administration efficiently and with care and attention to detail, in particular ensuring the data of the customers is treated with the utmost respect at all times.
- Develop a solid understanding of the local University picture, competitors and where your assets rank relative to the comp set.
- Be expert in your knowledge of the leasing performance of your property; attending the routine calls/meetings well prepared to discuss
- Be agile and quick to respond to the shift in leasing performance, seeking support or approval as necessary for any changes to marketing strategy of customer offer. Trust that we know those on the ground are often best placed to make decisions about their markets.
- Encourage and reward the input and ideas of your team to develop the leasing plan for your markets. Ensure every member of your team, regardless of their discipline
- understands how their role contributes to the leasing performance of your property.
- Develop strong, meaningful relationships with institutions in your cities; in particular, the Accommodation Office, International Office, Student Union and Welfare teams.
- Ensure your teams are compliant with all data protection requirements as it relates to customer data; that the fundamentals of Tenancy law are understood by you and your teams and that handling of deposits is done so within the legislative requirements
- Working with the People policies and practices of our company, take responsibility for the end to end journey of people in the business; from the recruitment of new team members, through their development, to their departure from our business, as a direct line manager or in support
- of others in the team.
- Recruit, develop and lead exceptional team members, who conduct themselves consistently, fairly and are respected by their peers and colleagues.
- Ensure every employee within your team has a consistent and effective induction to the business, giving everyone a platform to succeed.
- Set clear objectives for your teams, aligned to the business plan and ensure a routine is in place to regularly review performance and behaviours for each team member.
SAFETY & WELFARE
- Top of your agenda at all times; practice an unrelenting approach to safety and welfare by adherence to any and all safety policies and processes in our organisation.
- Develop an understanding within your respective property for all statutory and legal accountabilities we hold; furthermore, ensure that your teams understand why they perform such duties and encourage an environment where safety and welfare is never overlooked.
- Create an environment whereby all team members feel confident and comfortable in raising any concerns about our properties or our practices.
- Responsible for the completion of any and all Health & Safety routine checks and Planned Preventative Maintenance schedules
- Accountability for the financial performance of the property, conducting monthly reviews of P&L performance and being prepared to narrate on the variances
- Procure goods and services in line with the policies and procedures of the business
- Alongside your line manager, be capable of input to the annual budget setting process and routine reforecasting, based on a sound knowledge of the activity at your property
- Identify and share cost effective opportunities