West London, London
Who are we?
My client are currently developing a new 100,000ft2 building in West London. This building will be part of an overall development intended to be 200,000 ft2 when complete.
The office space will be tenanted by growing companies predominantly in the tech and technology innovation space. This will include many of their venture building partner’s expanding portfolio of innovative ‘tech’ businesses, together with several local University related businesses, some corporate partners, and other tech/technology businesses.
One of the key premises behind the formation of this organisation is that while individual companies will lease, fit-out and occupy their own tenancies (6,000ft2+), the design of the common elements is targeted to foster ‘collisions’, collaboration and innovation between tenants. In addition, a key value proposition for all parties is that the organisation will facilitate access to University partner research and talent, and access to partner venture building expertise.
The Building Manager
This is a highly demanding position for someone looking for a challenging and invigorating work environment. You will have overall responsibility for managing:
You will be managing a team of approximately four people based at the property, alongside various third parties providing various services. This a front facing role, with hospitality being at the forefront of your mind.
Your role will include the following:
Building and Facilities Management
● Accepting the Phase A/B/C building from the main contractor and preparing them for operations, including the preparation of any/all procedures and processes required.
● Approving and overseeing the tenant fit-out works, ensuring that disruption to all parties is kept to a minimum.
● Being responsible for overall upkeep and maintenance of the buildings, ensuring presentability to members and guests, highest level of customer care and being responsible for overall performance of the location.
● Ensuring performance of all services in the buildings including food and beverage, security, cleaning, waste management, maintenance, IT and telephony to the highest of standards, directing any issues identified with any of the aforementioned services to the relevant teams and seeing those being addressed.
● Being the main point of contact for all member companies for any issues associated with maintenance and building facilities, raising those internally with relevant teams and seeing those being implemented while keeping the members up to date as to progress.
● Conducting regular walks through the core parts of the buildings to ensure cleanliness, supply levels are adequately maintained, any maintenance issues are noted and addressed, building facilities are in working order, all members’ issues are addressed.
● Ensuring all supplies across the buildings are maintained and replenished when and as necessary. Overseeing performance of all utility contracts and directing any issues or queries to the relevant team.
● Conducting regular fire alarm testing and other statutory H&S tests as directed by facilities management team.
● Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements
● Working closely with accounts team in ensuring accurate invoices are issued to members and payments received on time.
● Following up with members on any overdue invoices and ensuring any overdue invoices have been settled.
● Dealing with any issues or queries members might have in relation to invoicing, directing queries to accounts team and seeing through those issues being addressed and resolved.
● Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to various services like invoicing, budgeting, cleaning, maintenance security, etc.
Delivering the organisation USP
● Ensuring that the team deliver routine meaningful events for members, and link members with key parts of the University Partner and venture building partner in order to support the business needs of members.
● Ensuring knowledge of all members, understanding their businesses’ needs and plans for
● Overlooking move-in process and organising induction for new members.
● Being the main point of contact for all member companies in relation to any lease, maintenance, IT, invoicing or other issues.
● Directing these queries to relevant team and overseeing those being addressed.
● Conducting scheduled catch up meetings with member companies to understand their growth plans, any issues or concerns they might have with the space or the services and what improvements can be done to ensure their level of satisfaction is increased.
● Ensuring excellent levels of communications to members about any news updates, issues, or any upcoming events.
● Monitoring members’ level of satisfaction across the board and ensuring the highest level of service is maintained at all times.
● Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to member services.
Sales & Occupancy
● Monitoring occupancy and ensuring occupancy targets are achieved through working closely with sales team and front of house executives.
● Conducting viewings and supervising front of house executives in liaising with potential members. Evaluating potential opportunities for growth and anticipating any leavers within existing member base through conducting regular catch up meetings and planning ahead to ensure we are able to accommodate for any member growth; preparing occupancy forecast.
● Providing reports to senior management with commentary on any issues and suggestions on necessary improvements relating to how occupancy and achieved rates can be improved.
Staff Management and Supervision
● Supervising the performance of duties by the community management and front of house team to the highest of standards. Ensuring excellent customer service, and positive can-do approach to all members.
● Supervision of F&B staff and front of house team in setting up and performance of quarterly and weekly events like weekly member drinks, breakfasts, various parties and talks.
● Liaising closely with the events and partnerships team to ensure regular events, food, health & wellbeing and pop up retail partnerships are organised and carried out at the location effectively while ensuring member satisfaction.
Knowledge skills & experience
● Excellent salary and benefits
● Working alongside a dynamic and friendly team with regular team nights out and events
● Rapid growth organisation
● Opportunity for career growth and progression