The role of the Cluster Manager is to be responsible and accountable for a geographically clustered group of properties across Edinburgh and Newcastle. This position is operationally focused, with the Cluster Manager leading and supporting members of the property-based teams to drive forward positive and memorable experiences for residents. The Cluster Manager will report directly into the Head of Operations who will drive the overall strategic agenda for the region.
Working closely with General Managers and Residence Managers, the Cluster Manager will ensure their assigned portfolio are safe and secure residences that meet the established operational, financial and business-related targets. They will take overall responsibility for multiple assets in championing and executing strategies relating to property management operations, implementing agreed policies, and procedures and practices, whilst also actively driving improvement and operational excellence. The outcome of this will be the delivery of best in class service to our residents and exceptional sales and financial performance for our investors.
- To oversee the delivery of outstanding customer service, ensuring the customer remains at the forefront of everything that we do.
- To work with all Cluster Managers to drive consistent performance across the portfolio.
- To develop and execute strategies to enhance sales opportunities and performance within the cluster, ensuring that all properties have an occupancy level in line with the business plan, escalating any issues to the Head of Operations.
- To take responsibility for asset mobilisation of any new residences. To include the set-up of operational costings, people structures, standard operating procedures, recruitment of the teams and coordinating a meaningful onboarding experience in readiness of practical completion.
- To oversee and support compliance issues as well as managing the financial performance of the site.
- To manage and monitor the appropriate health and safety compliance, promoting a risk-free environment; to drive a positive health and safety culture across the cluster.
- To lead continuous improvement and to provide value added initiatives across the cluster.
- To provide and manage an escalation matrix in the event of an emergency, liaising with any press and responding to investors as appropriate.
- To lead operational teams to ensure effective management of multiple student accommodation properties within the assigned cluster.
- To be both part of the Senior Operations team and also a support to local teams based within properties.
- To line manage and act as a coach to the General and Residence Managers within the cluster, including conducting regular one-to-one’s, appraisals, creating development plans and any other forms of people management that are required.
- To act as a role model by consistently demonstrating company values.
- To recommend continuous improvement initiatives including best working practices across other clusters and regions.
- To work closely with any support function as required to drive collaborative working, operational performance and to maximise revenue.
- To act as an inspirational lead to all team members within the cluster by exceeding expectations for our residents.
- To inspire the team to initiate and lead on resident involvement and social events, whilst continuously seeking to improve service delivery and the resident experience.
- To be proactive in striving for continuous improvement to our service offering, ensuring positive responses and feedback from our residents, strong and meaningful social media presence, and a reduction in complaints.
- To review and make process improvements to facilitate a smooth operation which meets the customer’s needs.
- To liaise with student groups and University partners in order to drive the business forward and to manage and maintain productive ongoing relationships.
- To take accountability for the financial performance and management of the cluster.
- To take a commercial approach to managing the residences whilst actively seeking ways to maximise revenue, including summer occupancy, and to identify ways to drive greater efficiency and reduce the cost per bed.
- To approve invoices from vendors, contractors and service providers for payment, escalating any issues to the finance team as appropriate.
- To leading on the annual budget setting process and the budget reforecast for the residences in conjunction with the General / Residence Managers.
- Look to identify actions and ways of working to improve the productivity of the clusters aligned to our service objectives.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Be passionate about delivering exceptional customer service.
- Be able to demonstrate a high degree of financial acumen and ability to act within a commercial mindset; be able to identify and implement new revenue opportunities.
- Experience of delivering projects on time and to a high standard.
- Experience of developing a continuous improvement culture and to have an impact on the way things are done.
- Ability to inspire and influence others to perform, deliver and achieve.
- All-round excellent communication skills; ability to manage messages across a dispersed team.
- Strong operational skills and attention to detail; the ability to make the right decisions at the right time in order to minimise risk.
- Be a strong member of the team, proactively building relationships and taking the lead where necessary.
If you feel you are a suitable candidate for this position please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org