My client is looking for a Community manager for a new Build to Rent site in South London.
- The Community Manager role carries responsibility for building & maintaining the reputation & brand of the building in the local community, driving the revenue as hard as possible to achieve, if not exceed annual revenue targets
- Achieving the highest possible resident approval ratings for service, responsiveness, community spirit and cleanliness, maintaining the quality of the asset to the highest standards
- Complying with all Health & Safety legislation to ensure the safety of residents and staff at all times.
- Leads, directs and supervises Associates within the community, ensuring they have the tools for success.
- Assists with hiring, training, coaching, and evaluating on-site Associates.
- Plans and schedules work in advance.
- Reaches decisions quickly based on available information. Takes initiative to research and complete projects.
- Initiates innovative solutions to problems.
- Reports and offers recommendations for community capital improvements or repairs, the development of job specifications, bid acquisitions, and contract developments and negotiations.
- Reviews all renewals and prepares budget increase recommendations according to the operating budget and market conditions that could affect profitability of community.
- Prepares and adheres to the guidelines of the community operating budget, and makes recommendations for ways to maximize income and minimize expenses.
- Supervises and ensures collection of all rent and other community income.
- Supports the overall marketing/leasing efforts and offers input and suggestions in regards to promotions, advertisements, and pricing.
- Supervises the planning and implementation of, and attends and monitors, various community recreational and social activities.
- Becomes active in the local business community and develops a rapport with other communities.
- Understands and complies with state landlord-tenant law, Fair Housing, Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and other laws and regulations governing multi-family housing operations.
- Monitors the maintenance activities to ensure resident requests and preventative maintenance programs are being performed according to company standards.
- Coordinates work activities and services from vendors, utilizing only those vendors who are approved.
- Follows established policies and procedures by monitoring and ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and operational processes related to areas of responsibility and reporting violations or infractions to appropriate individuals.
- Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with Company, community, and departmental policies, procedures, and standards by immediately reporting any mechanical or electrical equipment malfunctions, Associate/guest/resident injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to appropriate individuals.
- Keeps abreast of current changes in technology, processes, and standards within the industry and areas of responsibility by attending internal and external training classes, research and/or subscribing to the internet or other professional publications, or utilizing other appropriate methods to obtain business and professional information, and applies knowledge and practices to areas of responsibility.
- Attention to detail
- Highly Driven and enthusiastic
- personable and well presented
- Calm & professional
The role would suit someone who has experience in property management/Building Management, has good technical and personable skills and is looking to take the move into the Exciting Build to Rent Sector.
For further information, please contact Regan Botham on 0203 854 1000 or click apply.