The Development Manager will have principal responsibility for the effective and efficient management of the development/s designated to them. They should utilise staff, contractors and the other resources available to them to ensure the highest quality of service is provided, commensurate with the requirements of any management contract, tenancy agreements, service level of agreement or otherwise.
To oversee and support the ongoing asset management routines of the development, aiming to ensure contract, risk and mobilisation management tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Mobilisation: Supporting the mobilisation process. This will include but is not limited to: -
1. Liaising with key stakeholders such as the client, other agents, the new business team, client relationship team and employees generally.
2. Ensuring mobilisation tasks are meticulously completed and recorded in the relevant systems.
3. Helping to enhance the customers initially experience of via the completion of the mobilisation actions in and efficient and timely manner.
4. Arranging for others to complete tasks as and where appropriate.
5. Reporting on mobilisation statistics and defining actions to improve the same.
Risk and PPM Management: Taking ownership of the developments risk and PPM management routines, utilising systems and processes to ensure compliance. This will include but is not limited to: -
1. Liaising with the client relationship / support team, contractors and customers to facilitate risk assessments and routine risk management tasks.
2. Maintaining a detailed audit trial of all actions and certification within the system.
3. Reporting on compliance levels within the development and defining actions to improve the same.
Contract Management: Taking ownership of the developments contract management routines, utilising POD systems to ensure the appropriate contracts are tendered, implemented and any arising actions recorded.
1. Liaise with the client relationship / support team and contractors to ensure each development has a completed and appropriate contract schedule implemented.
2. Assist in the tendering of contracts and ensure value for money is obtained.
3. Ensure the necessary information is saved to the POD systems and any relevant actions are diarised as appropriate.
1. Focusing on team engagement to create a highly engaged team who want to deliver exceptional service, every day.
2. Ensuring sufficient cover for the development at all times, including arranging cover for sickness and holiday.
3. Managing holidays and team absence.
4. Completing quarterly 121’s and yearly appraisals for your team.
5. Managing your team’s performance.
6. Liaising with the HR team to ensure the successful completion of payroll, recruitment and grievance routines within your team.
7. Ensuring all team have completed mandatory training and all refresher training when necessary.