PRC is very pleased to be recruiting a General Manager for a flagship Build To Rent development in Birmingham.
The General Manager is responsible for all building operations, management of the on-site team and performance of the development.
The salary on offer for this position is circa £60,000 plus bonus.
- Lead delivery of 1st class customer service and resident engagement
- Establish and maintain local relationships and partnerships
- Identify opportunities to enhance service improvement plans
- Complaint and dispute resolution, working to escalation procedures and SLA timescales
- Work with head office teams to disseminate customer service feedback and lessons learned
- Manage operational relationships with commercial tenants
- Identify opportunities to enhance partnerships and resident services or events
- Promote return of resident surveys and act on feedback
- Lead resident engagement activity and deliver events to agreed budgets
- Meet agreed KPI’s and SLA’s
- Ensure all staff adhere to processes and meet SLA’s/KPI’s
- Lead recruitment and training of on-site team (in line with support office strategies)
- Motivation and engagement of the whole on site team
- Line Management of site specific Ambassadors/employees
- Identify opportunities to enhance team performance and service delivery
- Annual appraisals of direct reports and ensure appraisals and performance reviews are undertaken for all staff including 1-2-1s
- Performance management and support HR initiatives
Health and Safety Compliance
- Responsible for H&S and statutory compliance on site
- Fire Strategy Leadership to agreed protocols
- Manage processes for suppliers and contractors to provide appropriate RAM’s or CHIP’s where needed to comply with H&S requirements/CDM/statutory obligations before starting work on site
- Risk Assessment management including sign off for FRA’s and H&S inspections
- Work with Fire Service and statutory bodies to support inspections, change of strategy and maintain compliance
- Management of accident and incident reporting
- Responsible for emergency preparedness (to agreed protocols) including regular testing and implementation as required
- Overall responsibility for operations and service delivery on site
- Twice daily development walk round and quality monitoring
- Procurement of services to agreed (support office) strategies
- Out of hours’ emergency response and attendance if needed
- Manage any service failure issues with contractors or third parties and resolve disputes
- Quality control spot checks of all services and presentation of the development and apartments Acting on findings and identifying training or support needs for teams/supplier performance improvement
- Responsible for performance management of contractors on site
- Insurance claim handling including liaison with loss adjustors and third parties
Marketing and Leasing
- Input on all marketing strategies and channels to achieve maximum return and leverage
- Meet and exceeding income and leasing targets and implementing strategies to minimise void periods
- Know the market. Local development and rent knowledge including competitor service awareness to leverage the development and its marketing
- Support marketing and lease up including viewings as needed
- Market rent assessments to support central “support” office teams
- Articulate and embed the value proposition of the development to teams and residents/stakeholders
- Oversee content for resident portal, website or app including service updates and promotions
- Oversee social media channels and content management
- Responsible for quality control of the development including apartments with focus on handover to resident and EOT turnaround
- Keep up to date with the BTR market and industry insight, disseminating to teams and support office
- Lead annual budget setting processes including tendering and cost analysis
- Manage and meet agreed development budget targets, exerting budget control
- Identify opportunities for additional or enhanced income streams and develop strategies with Support office teams
- Identify opportunities for cost efficiencies, budget savings and value add
- Meet agreed income and expenditure KPIs
- Produce regular asset performance reports
- Report to support office team meetings as required
- Attendance at court to support debt recovery or possession hearing
- Excellent analytical skills, including advanced excel modelling skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Command respect of teams, stakeholders and residents demonstrating strong management skills with authority and ownership
- Proactive and dynamic, taking ownership of all of core duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to gather, assimilate, analyse and effectively summarise information and give briefings/prepare briefing notes as necessary.
- Ability to prepare and give presentations.
- Previous experience in residential property (student or private rented preferred) or hospitality sectors
- Experience of working to budgets and targets
- Excellent communication skills displaying sensitivities to and understanding of residents’ need
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Well-presented and of smart appearance
- Innovative and pro-active.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Competent in using, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- With training, able to use other systems and software packages.
- Flexible and cooperative at all times, working as a member of a Team.
- Understanding the importance of achieving deadlines and ensuring quality output.
- Use initiative and take responsibility for providing solutions.
- To ensure confidentiality and security of all business, client and customer documentation/information.
- Must be pro-active and able to use initiative in order to enhance the building reputation and make the community the best available
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Excellent customer relations skills, a sense of humour and plenty of energy and enthusiasm
- Problem solving, well organised and ability to work well under pressure
- Good level of computer literacy using Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
Please reach out to Francis to register your interest and discuss further