PRC are delighted to present a General Manager opportunity for a brand new Purpose Built Student Accommodation asset opening in Brighton later this year. This will be a state of the art development with excellent proximity to the University. It’s a chance to be part of a well-respected Student Accommodation brand, and an opportunity to play crucial role in mobilising and running their first scheme in the location. It will suit someone who can demonstrate the attributes below:
- Be comfortable with P&L/Ops budgets
- Attention to detail and the ability to advise on any improvements to the service being provided on site
- Good Stakeholder management – will need to be comfortable dealing with tenants on site, third party stakeholders and the senior management team
- Be flexible/adaptable to the needs of the Building/community
- Strong Management/Leadership qualities – be able to inspire and motivate on-site teams
- Ideally have some exposure of working within a new asset, i.e. new site mobilisation within a relevant sector
- Feel comfortable thinking of ideas to improve the running of the site, and look to seek out areas of improving the experience of the residents
- Commercial acumen – recognise the importance of providing excellent service whilst also paying attention to the company’s commercial objectives.
- Management – Experience of dealing with H&S, Maintenance issues, etc.
- Rapport Building – Be motivated to build relationships with the University and explore other partnerships to achieve occupancy objectives and improving the experience for the residents
PRC are keen to engage with candidates from relevant building management backgrounds, who can demonstrate a customer centric approach. It would be beneficial to demonstrate experience in opening and running new buildings and have a strong management background, in addition to sound commercial acumen.
If successful we will be in touch to advise on the next steps in the recruitment process.