Our sister company Red Penny & Partners is representing a fast growth property business who are looking to appoint an experienced hands-on Finance Director to support the business during its next stage of growth. As well as taking responsibility for the financial management of the business we are looking for an entrepreneurial, commercially astute Finance Director who can help to ensure that the group’s businesses grow profitably. The individual will be involved in appraising proposed acquisitions and future expansion plans as well as ensuring that the group is set up to scale.
The role is varied, and the business is growing rapidly. The role will suit a proven finance professional with a track record of adding value and driving performance.
Role Overview and core responsibilities
- Overall responsibility for the effective and efficient running of all aspects of financial management including board and management reporting, budgeting, forecasting, transactional processing and supplier payments.
- Cash flow forecasting and monitoring and working closely with investors.
- Be responsible for a high quality, efficient and scalable client accounting function including service charge calculations, annual budgets and end of year adjustments for blocks under management and reporting to investors and freeholders for build to rent properties.
- Work closely with the Property Director and their team to maximise site profitably and support the client reporting process.
- Statutory compliance including the Annual Audit, Tax, VAT and Audit.
- Ensuring the required level of financial controls are in place and highlight risks to the board.
- To build and operate a scalable and best in class finance function based on best practice, timely and accurate reporting. This will support all internal, client and external reporting requirements and meet all financial control requirements.
- To continuously improve systems and processes, ensuring the finance function is scalable and can deliver a best in class and efficient service internally and externally.
- To carry out due diligence and appraisals for acquisitions and develop business turnaround / growth plans for target businesses where required. To highlight opportunities and risks for each transaction.
- To identify operating synergies across group companies.
- To work closely with the COO and develop financial and operating plans for group businesses.
- Identify and drive margin and cost improvement across the group and be a business partner to the board.
- Provide ongoing commercial support across the diversified portfolio of related businesses.
Strategic & Structural
- Develop a medium to long term strategic financial planning process to drive profitable growth.
- Working with the COO to develop governance and reporting processes including a framework for delegated authority.
- Make recommendations and implement structural changes to the group corporate structure on a business case basis.
- Responsible for Payroll and HR.
- IT and Systems development
Desired Skills & Experience
- Strong core finance experience ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified with a minimum of 10 years + PQE.
- 5 years’ experience as a Finance Director.
- Strong core financial management experience from a fast moving, dynamic and high-volume environment.
- To be able to think Strategically and have a hands-on operational approach.
- Track record of driving results including turning around businesses and delivering improved financial performance including margin improvement and cost reduction initiatives.
- Experience of acquisition due diligence and preparing investment / business cases.
- Have experience of exploiting technology to deliver scalable systems and processes.
- Entrepreneurial, and a track record of adding value as a business partner.
- Change management and process improvement skills with a track record of delivery
- Experience of working with leading accounting packages.
- Experience of working in multi entity and diverse businesses.
- Confident, with strong inter-personal skills and the ability to build relationships and influence across the business.
- The ability to constructively challenge as well as being a team player by implementing decisions.
- Experience of working within a medium sized / larger corporate business which operate best practice governance and reporting procedures.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Versatile, ambitious and dynamic self-starter.
- Proven leadership and people management experience.
Property Sector Experience
- Experience of working in complex, multi-site businesses with significant high-volume transactional experience.
- Senior Finance experience in a B2C Property business including student accommodation or build to rent sectors would be highly beneficial.
- Experience of working across a number of business sectors is highly desirable.
- Asset management experience would be beneficial
If you can demonstrate the skills and experienced outlined above then please get in touch. Your application will be reviewed, and if successful you will be invited to an initial briefing call.