Position: Head of Coworking
Our client is looking for an interim Head of Coworking to join and lead the team in London. You will be responsible for overseeing the operational management of all co-working spaces ensuring that those teams are operating at the highest level of customer care and attention to detail.
With plans to continue growing the Member Community, we’re looking for someone commercial, ambitious and able to stay one step ahead of the market to ensure enquiry levels and membership numbers are aligned with annual targets and KPI’s, this may include structuring/re-structing packages to reflect demand.
Friendly, outgoing and passionate about your work, you’ll be an excellent people manager that takes the lead and inspires others. You’ll be highly organised with great time management and will be proud of your attention to details skills.
You’ll be astute in managing systems, ensuring everything works, and all reporting is completed accurately and on time by you and your team - plus you’ll be the first to suggest new ways in which we can improve the efficiency and effectiveness of our service.
- Manage a small team across a portfolio of almost 20 sites
- Inspire a high- level ethos of attention to detail and quality in operations.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations.
- Manage budgets, suppliers and orders.
- Reporting to the Senior Management Team.
- Internal communications with members on regular basis to ensure good member relations, ongoing client care and the service.
- Sales & Marketing; Managing all marketing and sales activities for memberships alongside the business development marketing manager. As a month-to-month membership business, success requires a consistent sales and marketing effort across the various products: memberships, community, events and link into wider company offers- office space and meeting rooms.
- Overseeing all Social media activity and internal/ external comms in collaboration with BD Marketing.
- Ensuring desired member occupancy levels
- Ensuring consistent community events such as member lunches, weekly coffee mornings and member-driven events are taking place.
- Ensuring the high ‘community spirit’ at the co-working space is maintained.
- Manage all corporate customer relationship.
- Day-to-day trouble shooting and addressing problems as they arise- customer complaints etc
- Ensuring all health and safety procedures are followed.
Ideal candidates will have these skills…
- A minimum of three years of business experience in areas such as sales, management, business development, operations.
- A track record of hiring, managing and developing a team.
- Experience in managing by and to a P&L.
- Comfort with physical space operations, including wireless networks, physical security.
- Previous staff management
- Experience of liaising and directing with different disciplines (e.g. Marketing, Asset Management)
Ideal candidates will have these characteristics
- A sales driven (but customer first) orientation: As mentioned, as a membership business, success requires a consistent sales and marketing effort, requiring an understanding of and experience with the basic “product- marketing” concepts of product development (features, benefits), pricing, promotion/sales, product mix (management) etc.
- A desire to be a part of a collaborative community and eager to build relationships within the membership to help drive London geographical awareness and traction.
Length of Contract: Initially Fixed 12-month Contract.
Reporting to: Head of Business Development
Responsible for: 4 Coworking Centre Managers
This list should not be seen as exhaustive and will be added to as and when required by the Head of Business Development.