PRC is pleased to be supporting a fantastic client of ours with the recruitment of a Maintenance Operative in Wembley.
The Maintenance Operative will directly undertake in house maintenance routines, reporting to the Maintenance Manager and/or Development Manager. They must utilise the equipment, materials and other resources made available to them, work in collaboration with team members and contractors to ensure the highest quality of service is provided.
The shift pattern is Monday to Friday and the role is to start ASAP.
This position will pay up to £34,000 per annum + bonus.
The Maintenance Operative should:
- Have a sound knowledge, &/or proficiency in, common maintenance tasks (electrical, plumbing, decorative, carpentry)
- Have an excellent understanding of Health & Safety regulations and risk assessments (relevant qualifications and safety certifications are advantageous)
- Be familiar with building systems
- Be able to work independently, making critical decisions when necessary
- Have a positive and proactive attitude towards planning and working efficiently
- Demonstrate good communication verbally and written, with competency in basic computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Maintenance to undertake and support the ongoing maintenance management routines of the development, aiming to ensure maintenance and risk management tasks are completed in an efficient and timely manner.
Undertaking and supporting the maintenance and risk management tasks of the development. This will include but is not limited to: -
- Provide general maintenance support to the Development.
- Supervising third party contractors working on site, reviewing RAMs and issuing permits to works as required
- Report defects / incidents (either observed or reported) and take the corrective action after consultation with your line manager.
- Carry out and record the results / outcome of weekly, monthly, and other cyclical checks, testing and maintenance routines, including but not limited to Fire Alarm testing, Emergency Lighting testing, Smoke Ventilation system testing and Lift Line testing.
- Ensuring maintenance tasks are meticulously completed and recorded in the relevant systems.
- Undertake maintenance tasks not limited to but including – bin movements, refuse chute / area maintenance, light bulb replacement, painting, decorating, plaster repairs, minor internal and external maintenance repairs to hard surfaces and soft services.
- Ensure all tools are maintained and kept securely, only used by authorised personnel.
- Pressure wash / clean areas of the development as and when needed.
- Carry out any touch up paint work in communal areas within the buildings, as and when required.
Supporting the developments risk management routines, utilising on site systems and processes to ensure compliance. This will include but is not limited to: -
- Liaising with the onsite management team, client relationship / support team, contractors, and customers to facilitate risk assessments and routine risk management tasks.
- Completing risk actions, equipment testing (in and outside of the apartments) and recording the same. This is not limited to but would include fire alarm testing, tap / show flushing, smoke ventilation testing, water testing, plant room inspections and sprinkler tests.
- Maintaining a detailed audit trial of all actions and certification within the on site systems