This is a great opportunity for a skilled Maintenance/Handyperson to join a well-established BTR development in Central London!
Maintenance/Handyperson role overview:
To carry out general designated handyperson tasks and duties associated with building maintenance throughout the whole estate as directed and required by the Facilities department.
The salary for this position is £27,000 to £30,000 per annum.
The working hours will be from 8am to 8pm, working on a 4 on 4 off rota. There is some flexibility with this so please do send your CV across.
1. To carry out general handyperson’s tasks, for example:
- Helping/assisting tradesmen as and when necessary.
- Assembly and fixing of items.
- Making good and minor painting/decoration works.
- Maintain the safe use of hand and power tools in a safe and responsible manner.
- Hanging items, such as pictures, mirrors.
- Fitting and fixing apartment furniture
- Identifying tasks to be completed and carrying these out or reporting these for action.
- Keeping all work areas clean and tidy
- Keeping ladder and scaffolding records up to date
- Keeping all first aid boxes stocked
- Stock control of emergency flood rooms
2. To occasionally carry out general labouring duties, for example:
- Clearing office or workspaces
- Breaking out and dismantling, e.g. of brickwork, etc
- Removal of spoil
- Assist in the repair and maintenance of the building Fabric by carrying out PPM
- Assist in the repairs to internal and external fabric.
- To respond in a prompt, courteous and effective manner to all reactive issues and help desk requests.
- Undertake additional labouring tasks in addition to core duties and any other ad hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
3. Health and Safety
The management company shares a joint responsibility for health and safety with each and every employee. As an employee, you must:
- take reasonable care of your own health and safety including taking reasonable care not to put other people - fellow employees and members of the public - at risk by what you do or don't do in the course of your work;
- co-operate with and adhere to any health and safety instructions given by the company and obey any signs displayed around the Square and COSHH instructions;
- Familiarize yourself with the company emergency procedures and health and safety policies and procedures, a copy of which is kept in each department and on the company shared drive;
- Report any hazards you may identify to management, the relevant department, or Helpdesk
- adhere to the accident reporting procedures if you have an accident or witness an accident;
- attend any compulsory health and safety training that you are asked and required to attend from time to time.
- Notify the company of any change of circumstances (such as pregnancy, health problems, medication you are taking etc) which might affect your health and safety at work.
Any other ad hoc duties as required to support the needs of the department/business.
- Preferably 2 years’ multi-skilled work experience within a similar role.
- This role will suit a self-motivated team player with a can do attitude.
Please register your interest by sending across your up to date CV – thank you!