Our client, a UK national provider of purpose built student accommodation, has a requirement for a National Compliance Manager to join their operational team.
This is a new role to support our client with all areas of their compliance, both from a statutory and procedural perspective, (key focus with new build mobilisations), and will be responsible for managing all aspects of our client's compliance and licensing, including acting as the businesses representative for The National Code (ANUK); GDPR and as the final escalation role for customer complaint resolution.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring compliance across all business areas, including central support offices; and with the provision of the corresponding support infrastructure; audits; training; policies and development and implementation of performance improvements.
- Become the lead within the business to manage all compliance areas, and with identifying areas of risk and resolution requirements.
- Take the lead with all matters relating to membership and active participation in the ANUK National Code (PBSA regulatory body).
- Ensure that the SOP’s, policies and procedures continue to underpin the requirements of The National Code, and that they are understood and fully embedded across the business by the users.
- Ensure the National Code is used throughout the business as a framework for self- assessment and use the outcome of these assessments to continuously improve the services provided to tenant.
- Create and implement new SOP’s, policies and procedures as required to improve compliance within the business, or react to new statutory requirements.
- Support the company’s growth strategy by becoming a key stakeholder with all new build property mobilisations, and participate within the final sign-off process at the mobilisation stage to ensure that all statutory and National Code compliance areas have been met, in order to manage and identify risk for the business, treating fire safety particularly with the highest priority.
- Escalate any non-compliance areas with the new build property mobilisations as a priority with the senior management team as required.
- Assume responsibility for all licensing requirements, including HMO and Selective Licensing, as well as reviewing / progressing any changes in policy from local government which affects any business operations.
- Be responsible for the final escalation stage role with all customer complaint resolution, engaging and investigating with the originating location / Manager as required to develop an understanding of the issue before generating an outcome.
- Become the Data Protection Officer for the business, and ensure / safeguard all aspects of GDPR compliance, implementation and training within all business locations, including properties.
- Lead and / or participate in special projects concerning compliance as required, including, but not limited to, CSA (Controlled Self-Assessment) methodologies adopted by our clients.
- Play an active role within the cross-functional Senior Leadership Team to promote the compliance strategy, and actively engage and work with colleagues across the different functional areas.
- Become an advocate for positive compliance within the business, adopting a can-do attitude with any improvement areas, and supporting, coaching and monitoring development needs across the business areas as required.
- Become the businesses “expert” and key knowledge base with all compliance matters, relating to both PBSA and wider statutory requirements.
- Establish effective professional relationships with industry bodies to ensure the business is kept in the vanguard of industry best practice and operating safety.
- Provide expertise to develop improvement plans in response to changes in relevant business expectations or legal requirements.
- Provide senior management with key compliance performance reporting designed to protect the company accreditations, operating licences and reputation.
- Ensures own activities are aligned to overall business objectives and knows how current performance impacts the bottom line.
- Collaboratively works with other teams to improve our business.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Understanding of key health & safety and statutory legislation.
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies.
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment.
- The ability to relate to colleagues at all levels and foster a team environment.
- A team player with the ability to develop both internal and external relationships - excellent communication skills with the ability to demonstrate positive influencing skills.
- Must display personal drive and be able to work on own initiative.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Ability to demonstrate proven results of achieving targets and key performance indicators.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to adapt and deliver in a fast paced environment.
- Strong numerical, literacy skills, with the ability to assimilate and interpret data for business needs.
- The ability to work under pressure, often on multiple activities whilst displaying good organisational skills.
- Excellent technical skills in PC applications, including PowerPoint, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail is critical.
- Confident negotiator and ability to ‘close the deal’.
- Able to manage conflict and be both action and solution oriented.
- Time management and journey planning.
- UK driving license.
- Preferred experience in operations within the property sector.
- Experience of new build mobilisations is a plus.