Property Manger - PBSA
£36k per annum (increasing to £38k after 6 months, £40k after 12 months)
Single site based in Leicester (398 beds)
Mon-Fri shift pattern
Previous PBSA experience is desirable
PURPOSE OF POSITION
To implement any necessary systems of work required in order to provide an efficient, effective and responsive service to all properties and a safe, secure and enjoyable community for residents within the accommodation.
Under indirect supervision, oversees the integrated day-to-day operations of all systems and services provided within the accommodation.
To be responsible for the appointment, management and supervision of all staff ensuring an enthusiastic and engaged team who are dedicated to delivering outstanding customer service.
To manage and take responsibility for all financial aspects of the service provided, including pay and non-pay budgets.
To establish and maintain required networks in order to provide a liaison link between the company, educational establishments and other external agencies within the locality, together with any other potential customers necessary to maximise rental and other associated income throughout the calendar year.
• Experience of ‘Hands On’ team management, motivation and development to include all aspects of people management throughout employment
• Experience of managing expenditure and income budgets and the ability to demonstrate the commercial awareness required for running student accommodation
• Experience of delivering the highest standard of customer service and of motivating others to do the same
• An understanding of Health and Safety legislation and data protection principles and how these relates to student accommodation
• To be an excellent written and oral communicator with the ability to engage with colleagues and customers alike
• Ability to establish and maintain professional networks preferably with experience of company representation and networking events
• To have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, email and web searches, along with the ability to quickly and effectively learn new software packages
• Ability to work at pace whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to manage own time effectively, prioritising tasks when required, multitasking and meeting deadlines
• Ability to demonstrate an objective, professional and calm approach when handling difficult situations, including previous experience in complaint handling
• Self-motivated and possessing the ability to work on own initiative as well as within a team
• An ability to demonstrate a flexible and positive 'can do' attitude
• A good experience of advertising, sales and marketing will be a necessity (both online and offline)
• Relevant management experience within a Hall of Residence, Hotel, Housing Company or Business Centre will be an advantage