The Regional Manager is responsible for the smooth operation of the schemes located in their region, providing leadership and direction for the teams in each scheme and ensuring that operational, financial and a range of other objectives are met. This will include driving maximum occupancy through sales, ensuring the best possible student experience for the residents and monitoring and control of local operational costs and compliance.
The Regional Manager will be working with properties across two brands, so must demonstrate transferable skills.
• To manage and lead the scheme management teams, ensuring adherence to operational and finance processes and procedures
• To ensure we exceed student/ partner expectations by identifying and implementing actions to maintain and continuously improve effectiveness and customer service levels
• Work with local and national facilities management teams to ensure maintenance of the highest standards in our physical environments
• Ensure compliance with all agreements, leases, contracts, and partnerships
• Maximise summer business where applicable as well as other ancillary income streams
• Oversee the short stay business in their region, maximising occupancy, guest revenue and other ancillary revenue
• Oversee summer turnaround and move in planning and delivery for schemes across their region
• Take responsibility to ensure that each scheme is adhering to council tax management procedures in order to reduce liability
• Supervise recruitment for more senior roles at scheme level
• Assist in HR matters that are escalated above scheme level
• Training, coaching, and developing your team and ensuring Scheme Managers get the right support.
• Assist in the annual lifecycle assessment process
• Manage, with the scheme management and facilities management teams, any refurbishment or improvement works to the building
• Work with the Head of Residence Operations and Director of Operations to set up brand new schemes or assist with the transition of a scheme from one brand to another (i.e. from Capitol Students to Student Castle) within their region. • Investigate and manage customer (student) complaints and compliments.
Marketing & Sales
• Ensure that maximum occupancy is met and sustained across the academic year
• Develop, build and maintain relationships with all local educational institutions and key stakeholders
• Continuously monitor competitor activity in the region
• Maximise opportunities for profitable summer business
• Work with the scheme management teams and marketing department in order to enhance the resident experience
• Social media - driving local content creation to support central activities
• To contribute to the annual budget setting process
• To maximise efficiency by delivering budgets, managing capital expenditure and suggesting improvements in operational procedures and procurement
• Assist in compiling and delivering reports on expenditure and other areas for investors
• To oversee debt management across each scheme within their region
Work with local and national facilities management colleagues to maintain the highest standards in our physical environments
• To ensure that all schemes are compliant with statutory facilities procedures and the buildings are safe for residents to live in by working alongside the facilities management team.
• Ensure compliance at scheme level with Health and Safety regulations.
• Understand and be able to monitor and ensure GDPR compliance in each scheme.
• Assist on any ad-hoc tasks as required by the supervisor.
• At least 5 years of experience in managing operational aspects of assets
• Any experience in hospitality management will be advantageous
• Strong communicator and relationship builder • Able to work in a fast paced and often reactive environment
• Work effectively as an individual and as a team player • Be extremely organised with the ability to multi-task
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Ability to travel as and when required