We are currently recruiting for a Regional Manager for our client, a national PBSA provider, with student accommodation sites in London zones 1 and 2, Cambridge, Exeter and Coventry.
The successful candidate will work from one of the offices in London and will support and travel throughout all the schemes in the South.
The role will have responsibility for driving occupancy, achieving sales whilst delivering the best possible customer experience for our customers and increasing customer satisfaction.
The ideal candidate will be able to confidently demonstrate that they can raise the awareness and visibility of the client as a superior choice of student accommodation.
- To provide leadership and direction for the regional teams in each student accommodation location and ensure that operational, financial and a range of other objectives are met
- To ensure we exceed client and student expectations by delivering budgets and identifying and implementing actions to maintain and improve effectiveness and service levels
- Responsible for developing new and existing business relationships within both the private and academic sectors
- Ensure that profitability is maximised, including with regard to summer income
- Ensure compliance with all agreements, leases and contracts
- Ensure the teams remain compliant with all business related legislation, including Health & Safety, Data Protection and privacy
- Initiate and anticipate potential to enhance and grow client business identifying development opportunities and represent the business with a clear knowledge and understanding of external needs and internal capabilities
- This is a demanding but fulfilling role requiring the ability to manage change and motivate the teams around you in order to achieve results
- A commercial approach to business in order to find a balance between applying best practice wherever possible against financial necessity
- Extensive experience in a senior leadership role in either university accommodation, build to rent or a retail environment with a proven track record of developing a team and delivering against objectives
- Experience in building, developing and maintaining partnerships and relationships with key stakeholders
- Considerable experience at senior level in operational roles with accountability for multi-site locations
- Experience in driving a broad range of operational, administrative and procedural functions Strategic thinker, able to assess complex matters and provide timely, relevant and succinct advice
- Articulate and influential, and able to communicate operational initiatives and outcomes
- Enthusiastic and driven with a desire to achieve outstanding results in a team environment and ensure the highest standards
- Creative and innovative approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in preparing correspondence, submissions, presentations and reports
- Full UK Drivers Licence