Homes for Students have been successful and whilst we tender for some schemes, in the main, due to our marketplace knowledge, capability and responsive approach we negotiate most schemes.
The Senior Bid Manager will work closely with the Business Development Director to implement the business development strategy and convert enquiries and take ownership of the end-to-end enquiry and bid process ensuring all contact and communication with existing clients and potential clients is carefully managed and co-ordinated and that information is presented promptly, presentable and accurate.
The candidate must be confident and have robust project management skills to pull together information from internal departments and have excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
The candidate must be able to work to work under pressure, often flexibly to meet tight deadlines in order to maintain the proactive approach which has been fundamental to success to date.
- Working with the Business Development Director to build solid relationships and provide ad-hoc advice and modelling to agents, developers and clients on the student marketplace using information from existing sales and from our researchers
- Ensuring initial net operating income proposals are sent out within a few days of the drawings being received
- Making intelligent assumptions where information isn’t available
- Working with and co-ordinating key internal stakeholders across the business to produce high quality proposals including
- Sales and Marketing team on rents
- Researchers on competitor rent information
- Commercial and estimators on site visits and operational costs
- Operations team on local intelligence on the ground in city’s we operate within
- Working with our marketing team on desktop publishing, design and branding of bids to ensure proposals are well presented
- Designers on improvements to rooms and amenity areas
- Working with Head of Legal on management agreements
- A team player, leading bids by creating a win culture with internal stakeholders and not frightened to prod and question to improve and win
- Excellent writing skills, with engaging, creative and compelling content, moulding a story from individual information to ensure proposals read unified and inviting
- Analytical to compile income and expenditure spreadsheets to form part of the proposals to cash-flow net operating income for developers and investors
- Constant liaison and communication with each client to really understand what they want (as opposed to what we provide) to ensure their expectations are exceeded
- Providing a summary and risk matrix for governance/approval of the proposal from the Business Development Director as well as the CEO or Managing Director
- Working with internal departments to maintain a library of standard information for proposals, presentations and including the company brochure
- Liaising with clients to understand why we have not been successful and continually improving proposals based on such feedback.
- Inputting into business forecasts against company objectives with percentage probabilities
- Providing BD reports to the Senior Leadership Team and to include in Board Reports
- Owning kick off meetings and ensuring bid expectations are delivered by the operations and handover team.
- Someone who is passionate and where losing hurts…
- Excellent project management skills
- Good planning, and can work on multiple tasks and reprioritise as demands change
- Detail orientated and analytical
- Confident communicator
- Highly organised and systemised with robust processes
- Happy to be autonomous and solve problems
- Experience of formal bid writing
- Can demonstrate a long-term track record of working closely with multiple internal and external stakeholders
- Confident in branding and marketing
- Creative – agile, do things differently, innovative and forward thinking
- Capable with digital products including spreadsheets, word, powerpoint etc