Property Recruitment Company is pleased to be partnered with an established Property Management Company to support with their recruitment for a new General Manager / Senior Block Manager.
The General Manager provides critical hands-on leadership for the development’s community and is responsible for the overall performance of the property as well as maintaining standards within established operational and budgetary objectives.
The General Manager is responsible for fostering and maintaining a friendly and professional environment for support staff, residents, prospects, service providers and contractors (internal and external).
Duties are broken down as follows: to manage approximately 700 units within the block including communal areas, leasehold, non-residential. Customer service, building management, fire safety, health and safety, site security, cleaning, administration and property maintenance are all critical to the continued success of the scheme.
- Organise, promote, and conduct resident events.
- Ensure resident issues and service requests are addressed within 24 hours.
- Promote a neighbourly and community atmosphere.
- Meet and interact with residents in a customer friendly and professional manner.
- Seek ways to exceed service expectations of residents.
Building Maintenance / Health and Safety / Fire Safety / Site Security
- To ensure Health and Safety guidelines are adhered to and all risks to visitors, staff and residents are removed or reported.
- To ensure that electrical items are inspected and safe before use.
- To deliver mail shots where required.
- To ensure contractors on-site observe noise and other restrictions as well as abide by the site’s induction protocols including “permit to work”.
- To issue guidelines to contractors on dealing with hazardous materials where required.
- To ensure that any contractor working on site reviews the asbestos register and operates in accordance with Health and Safety guidelines for the activity they are engaged in; reporting to the Landlord or their Representative at once any inappropriate conduct or hazardous working practises.
- To ensure that instructions given by Building Owners are carried out.
- To assist the Freeholder or any leaseholder or their Representative where possible.
- To assist residents, and give assistance where necessary to visitors to the estate.
- Training will be provided to become a Fire Warden and the member of staff will be expected to uphold this responsibility, for instance by making sure exit routes are kept clear.
- The General Manager is expected to be flexible in their approach to responding to emergencies outside normal working hours.
- To read all landlord utility meters and to log energy usage for ESG and procurement purposes.
- To monitor the outside and inside of the building for suspicious activity.
- Report any suspicious activity to the relevant authorities and to the Landlord or their Representative.
- To ensure budget responsibility is monitored and that a monthly report against expenditure with all variances explained can be provided.
- To ensure where appropriate if the service provision on site requires amending that a recommendation and reference to the budget is provided to the client and Director of Asset Management.
- On an annual basis, in conjunction with finance, to provide an anticipated expenditure budget for the forthcoming year.
- Ensure that all services (including services outsourced to third party suppliers) comply with all statutory regulation and requirements including Health & Safety.
- Promote a neighbourly community atmosphere and manage all resident communication and to ensure resident issues and requests are dealt with in line with current company procedures.
- Report to the client and Property Management Team on all elements of the Block and manage all requests for Landlord’s consent.
- Take ownership of annual service charge budget and oversee ground rent and service charge invoicing.
- Identify incidents and maintenance issues promptly ensuring the necessary action is taken, carry out block and works inspections (sometimes offsite if required) and to Manage repair, maintenance and improvement works.
- Manage all site staff and contractors on site and monitor and approve invoices.
- Attend meetings as and when required with Residents, Clients and other staff and attend court hearings and tribunals as required.
- Understand lease covenants and obligations.
- Comply with Section 20 legislation. Take ownership of such works.
- Manage all solicitors enquiries and any claims via brokers/loss adjusters.
- Take ownership of accurate financial recording and reporting, ensuring that year-end accounts are issued to leaseholders with statutory time frames
- From time to time and at the request of the business to contribute to wider leasehold, BTR and PRS projects as well as to attend monthly and weekly leasehold departmental meetings.
- To attend and contribute to wider project meetings including BTR and PRS meetings where required/requested.
- Contribute to Estate Management strategy meetings and to assist the wider business in refining the service across the business.
Please get in touch with Francis Winn-Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest!