PRC is currently recruiting a Senior Engineer for a fantastic BTR development in Central London.
Main Purpose of The Role:
To assist with all aspects of the deliverables required by the business. This includes supervision & developing of the business facilities staff and sub-contractors, Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive Works, and Minor Project Works in accordance with client and management requests.
Day to day delivery of PPM and reactive works ensuring that issues are completed and/or escalated as required. Working as part of a team on a rolling shift pattern at Evenings and Weekends. Developing current engineer standard and working along side the current engineering manager to obtain this.
- Supervise and Coordinate all job tasks with the other Duty Maintenance Engineers.
- Adherence to the business standards in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Carry out risk assessments in conjunction with the team and ensure risks are minimised and reported accordingly.
- Undertake the repair and maintenance of the building fabric, plant and equipment by carrying out PPM and ensuring it is completed in accordance with set schedules, ensuring that standards are maintained in order to maximise the asset value and lifetime.
- To respond in a prompt, courteous and effective manner to all reactive issues. This will require technical knowledge to develop specific tangibles that must be included in the closure of reactive calls and the ability to deliver this information without prompting.
- To be responsible for daily, weekly and monthly checks to all plant and equipment in all plant room and boiler houses – keeping records up to date.
- To report on any action required to allow correct functioning of plant/equipment.
- Assist and oversee any work carried out by specialist contractors.
- Carry out legionella testing requirements in regard to; water temperatures, chlorination, de-scaling and recording results and action taken.
- Monitor plant through the B.M.S – investigating any alarm conditions and rectify were possible.
- Ensure stand-by equipment is checked prior to change-over.
- Carry out scheduled changing/cleaning of filters.
- Maintain an up to date plant register – recording all servicing and maintenance carried out on all plant.
- Monitor and check borehole water system ensuring rotation of boreholes for extraction and chlorination levels are kept within the set parameters.
- The role will require ad-hoc overtime working where workload dictates. Undertake additional handyman tasks in addition to core duties.
- To ensure appropriate action is taken to remedy any breakdowns in plant/systems normal operation.
- To provide a fast, professional and reactive response to all breakdown/service calls.
- Participate in the Engineering Shift Rota pattern and call back procedures.
- To perform daily duties as part of a team and also work alone as required.
- To comply with all current relevant Health and Safety policies and procedures.
Education/ Skills/ Experience Required:
- At least 5 years experience within a similar role.
- City & Guilds/NVQ Qualified in Mechanical or Electrical
- A good level of interpersonal and customer relationship skills.
- Self - starter with the ability to prioritise and react to changing scenarios
If interested, please send an updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org